Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt (Austria) is establishing a Graduate School under the title ”Decision-making in a digital environment“ (DECIDE), and is therefore pleased to announce the following open positions:
8 Predoc Scientists (f/m)
These are 75 % employment positions (30 hours per week; Uni-KV: B1 – cf. www.aau.at/en/uni-kv), limited to 36 months. The minimum gross annual salary amounts to € 30.077,- and can increase depending on previous professional experience. Expected starting date is 1st October, 2019.
The graduate school “Decision-making in a digital environment” (DECIDE) is dedicated to interconnecting the ongoing digitalization and its effect on (human) decision-making. The distinctive feature of this graduate school is its interdisciplinary nature: The involved faculty members have a strong background in either social sciences and economics, computer science, engineering or psychology, perform research in their dedicated fields, and foster interdisciplinarity. The research projects to be carried out in the context of this graduate school address the current challenges of digitalization and decision-making from multiple perspectives, thereby exploiting the interdisciplinary setting of the graduate school. The faculty will encourage and strongly support successful candidates in their interdisciplinary research, in presenting their research at scientific conferences, as well as in publishing their work in international top journals and conference proceedings. The graduate school has a highly dynamic, familiar, and friendly attitude and thus provides a collaborative and very inspiring work environment with modern infrastructure.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- independent research and scientific qualification within DECIDE with the goal to acquire a doctoral degree,
- involvement in third-party funding proposals,
- presentation of scientific results in publications and at conferences.
- master or
diploma degree in one of the following fields:
- business administration,
- cognitive science,
- computer science,
- economics (with a mathematical specialization),
- information systems,
- (technical) mathematics,
- electrical or computer engineering or
- natural sciences (with a focus on economics),
- good to very good study results with regard to the respective field,
- good to very good written and spoken English skills.
All required qualifications are to be completed by 30th September, 2019
- good knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- simulation-based research methods (e.g., agent-based simulation, multi-agent simulation, Monte-Carlo simulation),
- modelling of economic systems,
- decision-support and recommendation systems,
- machine learning / artificial intelligence,
- energy informatics,
- networked autonomous systems,
- diffusion processes,
- decision-making and judgment,
- management control systems,
- quantitative research methods,
- uni- and multivariate data analysis methods,
- dedication to interdisciplinary research,
- social and communication skills and ability to work independently,
- basic experience in research projects,
- subject-specific international, academic or practical experience.
The positions are aimed at the scientific training of graduates of a diploma or master’s programme with the goal of completing a doctoral study in the relevant field. Applications from persons already holding such a degree can therefore not be taken into account.
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt seeks to increase the ratio of women in scientific positions and therefore encourages qualified female candidates to apply. Among equally qualified applicants, women will receive preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from qualified candidates with a migration background are encouraged as well.
Applications should be submitted with the usual documents (application letter, CV, master/diploma thesis, certificates and further supporting documents) no later than 13 th March, 2019 mentioning the code 134/19 to Universität Klagenfurt, recruitment office. Applications can only be submitted online via www.aau.at/obf.
General information for applicants is available at www.aau.at/en/jobs/information.
More information on the graduate school on
“Decision-making in a digital environment” is provided at www.aau.at/en/hda
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application procedure cannot be reimbursed.